Stephen & VivienneBack to search
Hello! Dia is muire dhuit! (as they say in Ireland)
We are Stephen and Vivienne, and we’re so happy at the thought of becoming parents through adoption. Originally from Ireland, we have built a wonderful life in New Jersey. We’d love to honor your heritage and share our Irish roots as parents. (Our child will even have dual citizenship passports in our family!) It will be fun to explore our favorite places with a child, throughout Ireland, the U.S., and the world.
Even through infertility and 3 miscarriages, our desire to grow our family remained strong. It’s exciting to follow this call to adoption! Vivienne looks forward to becoming a stay-at-home parent too. We will always put your child first and ensure he or she has every good opportunity in life.
How we met, as told by Vivienne: We are high school sweethearts! Stephen accidentally sent me a text message, and after two weeks of texting, we happened to be on the same train to Dublin and finally met in person. After college we parted ways, but still kept in touch. We reunited in 2012 and dated long-distance until Stephen moved to be with me. Now we’ve been happily married over 4 years and look forward to sharing our lives with a child!
Together we enjoy:
• Traveling to places, other cultures, history, and food. We go to a new country every year and want to visit every state (we’ve seen 13 states so far!).
• Fun activities, like snorkeling, paddle boarding, zorbing, and helicopter outings.
• Working out or taking long walks together. (Our Sunday walks through nature are some of our favorite!)
• Going to dinner and the movies.
• Volunteering to help children in need.
• Celebrating everything about Christmas! (Especially because Christmas is when we met and eventually got engaged and married.)
I work in Human Resources and will be a stay-at-home mom.
Stephen says: Vivienne thrives on interaction with people and supporting others. She is positive, happy, strong, confident, and smart. I love her depth of love and compassion for everyone she meets. She will be a warm, affectionate mom who will nurture our child’s personality, talents, and gifts.
• Interior design and home decorating
• Traveling to explore other cultures
• ALL Animals (she grew up with neighboring farms and just adores animals!)
• Attending Broadway shows
I am a Chief Commercial Officer for a renewable energy company.
Vivienne says: Stephen takes pride in making a difference in our world. He’s caring, warm-hearted, family oriented, driven, incredibly smart, and modest. Stephen loves to celebrate the achievements of others and will be a wonderful dad who is patient and nurturing.
• Sports, especially Rugby (he played in high school & college!)
• Sailing & swimming
• Cooking & baking (he learned from his dad!)
• Going to new restaurants (he’s a big foodie!)
Our Home in New Jersey
We live in a waterfront neighborhood in New Jersey, near a landscaped park, a playground, splash pads, a little beach, and a carousel. It will be a great place to raise a child! We enjoy outdoor movie nights and get-togethers with our neighbors.
Highlights about where we live:
• Spacious apartment with views of the Manhattan skyline
• Large complex with swimming pools (even a roof-top pool!), a barbecue area, game rooms, gyms, and a community playroom for the kids
• Very friendly neighbors and great schools nearby
• Close-knit community just a ferry ride from New York City
Our families live in Ireland, except for Vivienne’s two older brothers, who live in New Zealand with their families. We have 8 nieces and nephews who we adore! Everyone is excited about our plans to adopt! We all fly to see each other very regularly and are in touch daily, with FaceTime and group message chats. Our friends, here and in Ireland, are like family to us too. We feel blessed to have such a great support network for us and our future child.
Our heart will always be for our child to be happy, safe, loved, and supported. We will love this child unconditionally, giving every opportunity to see the world, explore their strengths and interests, have strong relationships, and pursue education. We will pass down Christian values, proudly celebrating your child’s heritage and background and share our Irish culture and family traditions.
We promise to honor you as an important part of our family, and will always answer your child’s questions with honesty and love. If you’d like, we will happily share updates with you, and we’re open to visits in the future too. You will always hold a special place in our hearts!
We want you to be reassured about the kind of people we are, so if you have questions or want to talk or meet with us, just ask Lifetime. It would be great to hear from you! Please call or text Lifetime at 1.800.923.6784.
With love, Stephen & Vivienne
More About Stephen
Education: Bachelor's Degree of Finance
Profession: Chief Commercial Officer, Renewable Energy
Racial Background: Caucasian
Movie: Top Gun
Song: 'Live Forever' by Oasis
Sweet or Savory: Savory
Travel Destination: Queenstown, New Zealand
More About Vivienne
Education: Bachelor's Degree of Human Resources
Profession: Human Resources Specialist
Racial Background: Caucasian
Movie: Hearts & Souls
Song: 'I Will Wait' by Mumford & Sons
Sweet or Savory: Sweet
Travel Destination: San Sebastian, Spain
More About Our Family
• Stephen has been sky diving over a glacier in New Zealand!
• Vivienne’s nieces & nephews call her Auntie Cici, because when they were little they couldn’t say the letter “V” easily. They still call her that and she LOVES it!
Family: We do all we can to nurture relationships close to our hearts.
Character: We believe in living with honest and integrity.
Faith: We attend mass at a Catholic church and our faith in God guides our lives and drives us to be good to others.
Education: Learning is important to us. We are planning for our child to attend a private Catholic school and have opportunity for college later on.
• Kids karaoke, foosball championships, intense games of Pie in the Face, swimming, playing soccer
• Summers on the family boat to the West of Ireland
• Family holiday trips to other countries, such as in Italy or New Zealand
• Annual spa day for the ladies, while the men catch a rugby game
• Feeding Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve
We are Irish! We are originally from Ireland and so any child we bring into our family will have dual citizenship within the United States and Ireland. We'll all be citizens of both countries! It's a beautiful and fun place to visit and we dream of the day we get to show off our homeland to our child, starting new traditions and making memories together as a family. We'd love to embrace our child's birth heritage too!
We're very thankful for your time to consider us as parents for your baby! It would be our greatest joy to become parents and we're excited that our path has led us to adoption. We hope to get to know you and the life you want for your baby. We promise to provide stability, love, education, and a happy, healthy home for your baby. If you are comfortable, we would love to share updates and ongoing contact with you too. We'd love to talk with you or answer any questions! Call or text Lifetime to ask about us.